There are three things I love tremendously: books, movies and television. All because I love stories. This blog is a forum for discussion on the characters, concepts and situations in Hollywood and Bollywood movies.

There's plenty of fish in this sea, so feel free to throw in some bait yourself!


NEW!!! The site now has tried and tested video links for the movies reviewed. I hunt down the links with the best (relative) quality and put them up under "Hyperlinks".


Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Roman Polanski's latest reviewed in The New Yorker

I've never seen Rosemary's Baby, but I saw the trailer once, and know it by heart. Artistic achievements in thrillers is always a personal high for me, maybe because I have an inkling of how difficult it must be to achieve aesthetic fruition in that genre. Below is the link to an review of Roman Polanski's "The Ghost Writer" in The New Yorker:

Roman Polanski : The New Yorker

Over the last two years I have developed great affection for the movie reviews by their writers David Denby and Anthony Lane. Their descriptions reveal the content of some scenes, particularly if you have as fertile an imagination as I do. But if you're a lover of words, beautiful language and movies, then it's a strawberry-in-chocolate kind of pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment